Intellectual property events
Show events filter
La Quinta - United States of America
AIPLA Mid-Winter Institute, La Quinta Resort & Club
More info here
London - United Kingdom
IP Strategies for the New Political and Legislative Landscape
Last year’s Brexit vote added further uncertainty to an already precarious life sciences IP market. And, with the Unified Patent Court now thrown into confusion, the political and legislative landscape is one to navigate with caution.
Against this backdrop, the second annual Pharma and Biotech IP Summit will once again bring together leading IP experts from across life sciences. Attendees will hear the latest IP strategies for thriving at a time when regulatory and legislative changes are significantly impacting business models.
How will you benefit from attending Pharma and Biotech IP Summit 2018?
- Understand how to build IP strategies to prosper and thrive in the new political and legislative climate
- Hear the distinct patent eligibility approaches emerging in the United States, Europe and China
- Gain clarity on the future of patent litigation in Europe and the unique challenges posed by the Unified Patent Court and Brexit
- Learn about key litigation developments in the United States and how to plan a protection strategy
- Determine how recent biosimilar developments will affect innovation and strategy
- Assess the latest Supplementary Protection Certificate updates and how IP strategies will need to adapt
Plus meet with senior decision makers and experts from across the industry during four hours of dedicated networking opportunities.
The Pharma and Biotech IP Summit 2018 has been submitted for approval for CPD hours. Subject to this approval, the projected CPD credits awarded could be up to 5.5 hours.
Thursday, February 8, 2018
8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Hallam Conference Centre
44 Hallam St
Marylebone, London,City of W1W 6JJ
Sandton - South Africa
Please join us at the International Conference Respect for IP – Growing from the Tip of Africa in Sandton, South Africa, from October 23 to 25, 2018.
This global intellectual property (IP) event will foster dialogue on building respect for IP with the ambitious goal of supporting a balanced IP enforcement system through international cooperation. More than 600 participants from all over the world are expected, including government ministers and policymakers, judges and senior enforcement officials, governmental and non-governmental organizations, businesses, the legal fraternity, consumer groups and more.
Respect for IP – Growing from the Tip of Africa is the result of joint efforts by the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission of South Africa (CIPC), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), INTERPOL, the World Customs Organization (WCO) and the World Trade Organization (WTO).
More detailed information about the program and speakers, the conference website and various sponsorship and exhibition opportunities will follow shortly. For the moment, please download our save the date flyer and be sure to add the following dates to your calendar:
- October 23, 2018 – Gala Dinner
- October 24 and 25, 2018 – Plenary Working Sessions.
We are looking forward to seeing you next year in South Africa!
Minelik Alemu Getahun
Assistant Director General