Barbosa Caravia & Co
Rincón 528 * 6th Floor Office 601
CP-11 000 Montevideo
Telephone: (598) 2915 9257
Fax: (598) 2916 1359
Barbosa Caravia & Co. was established in Montevideo in 1904 by Juan Antonio Barbosa Caravia, Justino Jiménez de Aréchaga, Eduardo Jiménez de Aréchaga (the latter being two remarkable Uruguayan jurists) and Alfredo Saráchaga.
In 1941, being Juan Antonio Barbosa Caravia and Alfredo Bals in charge, Máximo Morgade became partner of our Firm.
Under this new management, Barbosa Caravia & Co. faces new challenges, remaining always faithful to its founders’ policy of services´quality and attention to the Client, now particularly in the field of Trademarks, Patents and Intellectual Property.
In 1960, a time of changes, Mr Wilson Morgade, father of the current co-director, became director of the firm; he died in 1988.
At present, the company is located in a building dating from 1982, on the premises where the old house of Barbosa Caravia & Co. used to be, in the neighbourhood known as “Ciudad Vieja” (Old City).
“Ciudad Vieja”, where the historical grounds of Montevideo lie, still preserves many old buildings since the time of its foundation. Today, it is the financial area of the city.
- Domain names