Intellectual Property Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Additional Benefits
Date Posted: 09/01/2018
Role: Intellectual Property Manager
Reports To: Director - Legal & Intellectual Property
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £40k - £45k
A fuel-cell technology company based in West Sussex is looking to hire an individual that can take the company on it's next step into successful commercialising its intellectual property.
You will be providing direction and managing the IP assets to support the business objectives so that the value and effectiveness of these assets and related know-how are known, maintained and improved.
You will lead the next stage of IP maturity in the business by providing the drive and processes for an "IP Factory" capability in the organization. IP value generation is to be embedded as part of the day job for all in the business with relevant visible metrics to support success.
You will be responsible for providing a comprehensive support service in terms of an IP Function to deliver the above, including advising the main board on IP significant matters and liaising across the Group companies to ensure standardisation of IP approach.
IP Value Add - Driving the concept of an IP Factory in the business for the benefit of the Group:
- Develop and deliver on an IP Road-map and risk register for the business.
- Driving awareness and training of IP in the areas of value, erosion, recording and 3rd Party IP.
- Developing and supporting IP Champions in the key technology areas and ensuring the main value areas are covered to levels expected for reasonable levels of warranty and liability risks.
- Developing and deploying the Patent Engineer to maximise IP value in the company.
- Driving the selection, drafting and filing of new IPR or logically deciding not to.
- Delivering effective F2O, 3rd Party IPR awareness and competition mapping.
- Supporting engagements relating involving IP terms - such NDAs, contracts and license terms.
IP Value Management:
- Budgeting, invoicing and forecasting for IP Function.
- Managing the IPR of the Group Companies.
- Notifying the Board on IP related matters of significance or potential threat or opportunity.
- Acting as IP legal for customer and supplier interface and communications and reporting issues to the Exec.
- Acting as internal IP technical lead for any IP related challenges or infringement claims or threats.
- Managing post IPR grant activities and renewals.
- Managing services from 3rd Party IP Cos.
- Handling relevant inward and outward correspondence for the IP department and dealing with correspondence as required with the IP Administrator.
- Operation of the IP Function databases and records including the administration and maintenance of the IPR files and databases, and liaising with the lawyers over administration details and renewals.
You will have:
- A good technical degree with a background in commercial use of IP - CIPA or equivalent useful but not an absolute requirement.
- Deep knowledge and at least 5 years relevant experience in IPR and IP processes in a commercial environment including managing own and 3rd Party IP in a technical organisation.
- Advanced understanding of patent search and assessment systems with related reporting deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience of IP defense and litigation processes.
- Experience of defining IP projects and objectives, leading the project team or managing through a project manager, and be practiced in closing out decision.
- Technical knowledge of fuel cells or electrochemical systems an advantage.
- Relevant technical degree (Mechanical, electrical or science).
- You may have a second degree in law or patent law.
- 5+ recent years of relevant industrial IP management.
Please enquire for further information.
Please approach us in confidence with your CV to discuss this role in greater detail.
Email: Stephen@caseltonclark.co.uk - or - call: 0207 559 6702.
- Company: Caselton Clark
- City: West Sussex
- Country: United Kingdom
- Practice area's: Copyrights, Trademarks, Designs, Patents, Domain names, Litigation
- Position: Other
- Employment type: Permanent
About the company
Caselton Clark are an Intellectual Property agency based in London. We work in partnership with the Perry Clayman Employment Agency on vacancies in the UK and across Europe.
For our latest vacancies please visit www.caseltonclark.co.uk or contact us on 020 7559 6702
Website of Caselton Clark
Back to overview of IP jobs.
Are you looking for new employees? Global IP Attorneys helps you to find the correct candidates for your vacancies!
- Large, worldwide scope
- Place and manage your job offers
- Your job offers online right away - after placement even on the homepage
- Job offers are shared on Twitter
- Competitive prices - from € 15,00 per job offer